Saturday 13 July 2013

Pastel patchwork

Hey everyone,

I'll start with an apology as it's been far too long since I last posted. The weather in the UK has been astonishingly good for a change and I've been making the most of it lately! 

So I did these nails a few weeks ago and never got round to posting them. I can't remember what the colours were now so if you want to know what any of them are, please let me know and I'll check out my collection and try and figure it out!


I know that the white, yellow and pink are Sinful Colors and I'm pretty sure the green and lilac are Model's Own Pro.

I started with Sinful Colors - snow me white as a base on each nail then used a coat of Seche Vite to make them dry nice and quickly. 

I applied striping tape to each nail before painting on each colour with a small paintbrush. I find that with this technique, it's not necessary to peel the tape of straight away so I was able to build up the colours to make them opaque.

 
Once I'd peeled all the tape off, I cleaned up with acetone and a small brush and applied Seche Vite to make them nice and shiny. 

I hope you're all enjoying the summer like I am, especially my fellow UK residents as good summers seem to be a bit like the World Cup now.... Once every 4 years! 

Over and out
Rach x 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, really like this, it looks so effective! Love how the combination of colours look :-)

    ReplyDelete