Thursday 14 March 2013

Barry M Gelly Hearts

Hey nail art fans!

Today's mani features 2 of the new Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine polishes. I love the consitency and application of these polishes.

I also have a new bargain find I have to rave about.


So I started off with my NEW topcoat which I stumbled upon in Boots. The first thing I spotted when I walked in was the Model's Own Pro stand with "Save" cards all over it. Shock and awe commenced when I realised they were only £3.20 down from £8.00!! I can't believe I only picked up base coat, I'll be re-visiting Boots at some point tomorrow I think :S

So once my base dried, I did 2 coats of Barry M Gelly - Lychee on all of my nails. While they were drying I (carefully) took some easy peel sellotape and used a craft punch to cut out a heart shape from it. I used it as a stencil to paint onto a sandwich bag to make little transfers of the hearts using Barry M Gelly - Grapefruit. I hope that makes sense!


Once they had dried completely I carefully lifted the edges with a pin, picked them up with tweezers and placed them onto my nails. This takes patience and concentration...not for the faint hearted or hot-headed!

Once I had them all placed how I wanted them, I rubbed them gently so they'd stick and outlined each one with a gel pen. The gel pen takes a good few minutes to dry completely..don't be tempted to top coat staight after!

When I felt my gel pen was dry, I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite et voila!

I hope you like them, please leave a comment in the box below

Over and out
Rach x

4 comments:

  1. Oh My gosh I am loving your blog! You're nail are is super. I am guessing you are from the UK. If you would like to join my group for British Nail Bloggers we would love to have you, It might give your blog a bit more exposure too! My blog is www.pishposhandpolish.blogspot.com if you check out my contact info and send me a message (email or facebook)I'll get you added!! Kerrie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I sent you an email, I'd love to join your group! x

      Delete
  2. Love your blog. Was this a normal gel pen? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Yup, it's a Pilot Choose 07 from paperchase. x

      Delete