Monday 4 March 2013

Missoni Mani

Hey everyone!

2 posts in one night you lucky things. Here's my latest mani and probably the one I'm most proud of to date. It reminds me of the designer Missoni. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take pictures straight after I did them hence a little bit of wear one the tips :(


I started of course with my base coat which is Save the nail - Bridge the ridge, then did 2 coats of Barry M - Matt White on each nail.

Once that dried, I used 3 colours and my tiny brush to do my chevrons. The lightest pink is Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream, medium is Barry M - Fuchsia, and the darkest is Barry M - Raspberry.

Once my chevrons had dried, I used a gel pen to outline them (it's a pilot one from paperchase). I've never attempted gel pen before but after seeing some designs by Alice over at One Nail To Rule Them All (amazing btw) I knew I had to give it a go, and I was so impressed with how well it worked!

 
These actually ended up taking almost 4 hours, I was so ready to take a picture of my left hand them give up and do something easier but I persevered and the result is worth it. I've had soooo many compliments!
 
I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite and hey presto!
 
I hope you like them!
 
Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment