Thursday 27 December 2012

Argyle Nails

Well today was my first day back at work after Christmas. Boooo! But hey ho, I made it through the day in one piece. My lovely boyfriend is a bit poorly so I decided tonight was mani night.

So this is my take on a design that I've been seeing a lot of lately. I've tried it before and wasn't too sure about it. I guess I felt like it looked a bit jestery (that a word?) This time, I'm still not 100% happy with it, but I much prefer it to last time.

Here goes...

 
 
As with all my manis, I started with a base coat. The Grey is two coats of O.P.I - Skull & Glossbones which I am in love with. Then I drew an X shape on each nail and filled it in with Rimmel London - Man Overboard. Once that had dried, I used white acrylic paint to do the dotted lines to complete the design.
 

 
I was about to get my Seche Vite off the shelf when I spotted something I haven't used for a long time.... matte top coat! I'm always a little worried using matte top coat because I find it tends to smudge polish for some reason. You can see this a little on my pointer in the above picture. It seems to have dragged the darker grey a bit :(
 
But anyway, for the most part, they escaped unscathed.

I'd love to hear your thought on this design, or any suggestions for manis I can try in the future. It's my 25th birthday on 5th January so I need inspiration for birthday nails! Please leave any comments in the space below :)

Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment