Saturday 15 December 2012

Lacy Nails

So, better late than never, here is my first nail post!

I started out with no idea what these were going to be and went from there and i'm really pleased with the results!


I started out with a base coat (17 Nail Xtras strengthening base coat) and applied 2 coats of Rimmel London Grey Matter. Really tricky as it was nearly empty so it was one of those where it goes all gloopy and sticky (blurgh!) but after about 20 minutes (yawn) I had my canvas all set.


 
 
So I started with my thumb nail and went in with 4 rows of frills but it took ages and while it looks ok on my thumb I thought it might be a bit too crowded on the rest.
 
I used white acrylic paint and a cut down paint brush for the frills. I picked up a set of 12 colours (like a kids art set) from W H Smith for about £3.49 and they are absolutely perfect!
 
I started at the base of the nail with a half moon and did little loops attached, then went in with a second row, etc etc.
 
 
 
Crap picture sorry!
So on the rest of my nails I just did 3 rows which I think works well
 
Once the paint was dry (about 15 seconds) I topped it all off with a nice big dollop on Seche Vite!
Done!
 
 
So theres my first nail post, how exciting! Please let me know if there are any nails you want to see or want me to try, and feel free to critique me on this post so I know how I can improve
 
Over and out
Rach x



No comments:

Post a Comment