Thursday 20 December 2012

Christmas Nails Part 2

So, I'm now well and truly into the Christmas mindset. I've done all my shopping, just have a few bits left to wrap and i'm done! It looks like this year we'll be having not a white christmas, but a wet one (lovely) and as I type I can hear the wind howling and rain hitting the windows outside.

Which puts me in the mood for one thing and one thing only..... a new mani of course.

Here goes....


Wow, I've just realised how awful my cuticles look! The weather is playing havoc with my hands this year.

So it's a base coat of 17 Nail Xtras Strengthening Base Coat and two coats of Rimmel London Double Decker Red. Once all that had dried I started on the white detailing. I used white acrlic paint and my teeny tiny brush for everything except my pointer and pinkie which I did with various sized dotting tools.

I topped it all off with a nice blob of Seche Vite. Et voila...

 
Overall, I'm really please with my work, especially the snowflakes, I love how they turned out. Only problem with red is that it's a cow to tidy up your cuticles, all the acetone in the world wont shift it so remember your base!!
 
I'm planning one more mani before christmas if time allows so keep your eyes peeled for the last installment of festive nails
 
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
 
Over and out
Rach x


2 comments: