Sunday 30 December 2012

Hearts on fire & product review

Good morning nail art fans!

Today, I have stepped away from festiveness all together. I saw a version of these on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and fell in love.

I also have a little bit of a review for you today which is a product I am so excited about.

We'll start with the nails...


 
 Right, so I started with a base coat (if you don't know which one it is, read a previous post) and used Barry M - Raspberry which is a lovely deep blood red on all but my ring finger which is O.P.I - Samoan Sand.
 
For the heart, I tried something i've never done before (duh duh duuuuh) I used a blob of polish and a toothpick to draw the heart on a plastic wallet and waited for it to completely dry (roughly 20 mins). Once it had dried, I carefully lifted it with a stanley blade so as not to damage it, and used tweezers to place it onto my accent nail. I am soooooo pleased with how this method turned out, it looks kind of 3D in real life and the lines are sooo crisp. I can see myself using this technique again.
 
 
 
 On my pointer finger, I used an un-named, and completely random red glitter polish, over the top of the red.
 
I love red polish but I wish it wasn't such a pain to get off your cuticles. Overall, I'm really pleased with this mani, I hope you like it too.
 
Now for a quick review...
 
 
Ok, so I got this for chritmas in a goody bag from my sister. Must admit, I was a little dubious but seriously.....OMG I love it!
 
It definately takes longer than a second but it took my argyle nails off with ease (about 15 seconds) and no cotton wool or spillage in sight.  Basically it's a big sponge with a hole in it, and you stick your finger in it and wiggle it around a bit and it comes out clean! Amazing. It's also scented with red fruit and vanilla which is nice and amazingly it's acetone free!!??
 
It's a bit pricier than your average polish remover (£4.99 in Boots) but I actually think it's worth it.
 
So that's all from me for today, see you next time
 
Over and out
Rach x



No comments:

Post a Comment