Sunday 24 February 2013

Colour Block Mani

Hey guys!!

I hope you're all having fabulous weekends! I can't believe its Monday again tomorrow, it feels like i've blinked and the weekend is gone :(

So today's mani is something that i've been struggling to get right for a looooong time.... you got it.. striping tape! But I think i've finally nailed it so here are the results...

 
I started with a base coat of Save the nail - Bridge the ridge and then did 2 coats of O.P.I - Skull and Glossbones on every nail. And heres the important bit... I coated them all with a single, thin coat of Seche Vite.

The problem that i've been having is that when I peel back the tape, it's been ripping up my base coat which was soooo frustrating. The Seche Vite means that they're completely dry.

So once my Seche Vite dried I taped off sections with my striping tape and filled them with my medium grey which is Rimmel London - Grey Matter, and my darker grey which is Rimmel London - Man Overboard.

 
I peeled the tape off while my accent colours were still wet and almost jumped for joy when I ended up with nice clean lines and an intact base colour. Now that i've perfected this art I think you'll be seeing more tape usage on my blog!

This week I also decided to clean out an old polish bottle and fill in with olive oil so that I can treat my cuticles on the go. I've been using it for 2 days now and i've seen sooooooooooooooooooooooo (yes really) much improvement in the condition of my cuticles.

I was almost at my wits end over what to do with them, it's been driving me insane but this has given me hope!

Anyway, I  hope you liked my mani, please let me know what you think in the comments below

Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment