Monday 4 February 2013

Dorothy Nails

Hey everyone!

So I've not posted nails for aaages, sorry bout that! Spent lots of time with my other half this week which has been luverly, but I've also had heaps of problems with my new car which has not been so luverly.

So today's mani is something I've wanted to try for a long time but it's been one of those that I never got round to...until now! So here goes..


Cute? I'm loving them!

I started with a base coat (Save the Nail - Bridge the ridge) and then did 2 coats of Barry M - Matt White on all but my ring finger which is a single coat of Rimmel London - Double Decker Red (I should have done 2 coats)

Then I mixed my blue using acrylic paint and free handed the gingham with a small-ish striping brush. I'm sure I could have done a lot better if it wasn't 10pm and I wasn't tired but hey ho, such is life.

For the bits where the lines crossed I used a large dotting tool and a very slightly darker blue.


The red glitter is one of those phantom polishes that I've had for donkey's years and I have absolutely no idea where it came from. It's actually a really nice fine glitter, almost more of a shimmer really. I have a feeling its an Avon one.

I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.

I have a feeling I might end up adding little red hearts over the gingham at some point, since it'll soon be valentines day!

Anyway, I hope you like today's nails, I'll see you next time!

Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment