Sunday 27 January 2013

Chevron Nails

Hey everyone

I've had such a busy weekend! I picked up my new car on Friday afternoon. Oh my lord it's a pocket rocket! I've gone from a beat up 1.3 Ford Ka to a 1.6 Sport Ka, and I can tell the difference!

Then yesterday we went to Ikea and I bought about 15 mason jars for 80p each for some crafty things I'm doing, and a lamp with a clamp which is soooooo handy because my old lamp was too short to light the top of my lightbox properly so with this one I can bend it n stuff and it's clamped to the side of my mirror. Perfect!

So today's nails are my take on a mani I keep seeing everywhere...chevron nails! Here goes..

 
Most of the pictures I've seen have been coral, black and white so I mixed it up a bit and went with baby pink and grey instead.
 
I have a new base coat! I've been using 17 Nail Xtras Strengthening Base forever but it's gone all thick and it's nearly all gone anyway so I bought Save The Nail - Bridge The Ridge Base Coat on Saturday so we'll see how it goes.
 
I painted all but my middle and ring fingers with 2 coats of Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream which is a gorgeous pink (pic doesn't do it justice).
 
My middle finger is Barry M - Matt White with about 4 coats of Barry M - Diamond Glitter (seriously, my nail is like a cm thick lol).
 

For my ring finger I did 2 coats of Barry M - Matt White and then painted the chevrons with a tiny brush and grey acrylic paint. It was fiddly but I think I did good!

I topped it all off with a couple of coats of Seche Vite, which promptly shrank and took off the end of my chevrons hence the slight line at the end of my nail where I touched it up :)


Hope you enjoyed today's post

Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment