Sunday 21 April 2013

Nicely Nautical

Hey everyone!

Finally the weather has started to warm up! Hooray!

Today I have something nautically themed to show you and I'm really chuffed with how they turned out...


I started with my base coat (Model's Own Pro - Nail Strengthener) and did 2 coats of Barry M - Matt White on each nail.

Then I taped off some lines with striping tape and did a single coat of Rimmel London - Aye Aye Sailor, one nail at a time and peeled back the tape while the polish was still wet.

I tidied up the edges of the lines where some blue had seeped under the tape by using a bit of acetone and a small brush and used a coat of Seche Vite to add shine.


Once that had dried, I applied a selection of gems and studs to the corner of each nail with nail glue to add a bit of detail. These were mainly from a wheel that I found in River Island for £3.99.

I'm off work this week so I'm planning another 2 posts for you :)

I hope you like my mani, please leave me a comment below

Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment