Saturday 27 April 2013

Pretty In Pink

Hey everyone,

Today I tried out something I've wanted to do for ages... water spotting.

It was trickier than I thought it might be but as with water marbling, it's easy when you get the technique right.


I started with a base coat and painted all my nails with 2 coats of Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream. Once that had dried I got my trusty water marbling glass out and filled it with tepid water.

I dripped about 3 blobs of Barry M Gelly - Grapefruit onto the surface of the water and waited for it to spread out. Then I took a fan brush, dipped it into pure acetone and flicked it onto the polish in the glass so that it made little holes in it.


I picked out the part that I wanted on my nail and carefully pushed my nail onto the surface of the polish, in the same way that you would if you were water marbling (one nail at a time).

With my nail still submerged, I cleaned the excess polish off the water with a toothpick and then pulled my nail out slowly, and then cleaned up my finger with acetone and a cotton bud.

This is messy so you could tape your finger with sellotape beforehand or use Vaseline to prevent it sticking.

Once I'd finished, I used a coat of Seche Vite to make them dry super quick.

What do you guys think?

I really like how it turned out!

Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment