Wednesday 23 January 2013

Gaga Nails!

Hey nail art fans! So it's snowing again and that makes me sad :( so I did my nails which makes me happy again :)

I just showed these to my boyfriend and he called them Gaga nails so it stuck. They were inspired by a mani by The Nailasaurus who does some seriously amazing art! go check her out here. I used the studded cross on my pinky and improvised the rest within the same sort of theme.

If there was one thing I had to change about these nails it would be my thumb....too much seche vite has made the microbeads look wierd :( But otherwise I love, love love them!

All of the embelishments (is that the right word?) in todays mani are from a nail art wheel for £3.50 from River Island. I know.... shock, awe, pick your jaw up of the floor!

Base coat as always is 17 Nail Xtras Strengthening base coat and I used 2 coats of Barry M - Black.

So starting with mr pinky I used round gold studs, and then outined with Barry M Instant Effects - Gold Foil.
Ring finger is black pearls straight onto the black base
Middle finger is gold foil again, I used a toothpick to draw the crosses.
Pointer is large square gold studs onto the black base
And finally...my thumb is gold microbeads applied with a toothpick!!


I'm actually pretty surprised at how quickly I did these, they were less than an hour start to finish.

I added a coat of Seche Vite to each nail to seal in my work and give it a sexy shine. For my ring finger I spread the top coat on then wiped the brush on the side of the bottle and sort of poked it between the pearls so that they didn't look like one big ball on my nail. I think they kind of look like blackberries!

Anyway I hope you like my nails today and make sure you go check out the nailasaurus!

Over and out
Rach x


No comments:

Post a Comment