Monday 21 January 2013

Watercolour Nails

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend and those of you from the Great British isles have not been incarcerated in your homes due to the snow!

So I did these nails last night but it was late when I finished them and as much as I love writing my posts, I like my bed more :)

 
These kind of remind me of that painting with the water lillies and the bridge, I think it's Monet. I can imagine them looking good in green tones with yellow details.
 
I started with my normal base and did all but my ring finger with Barry M - Matt White, Then I got my fan brush and licked it (lol) to make the bristles seperate. I dipped the very ends of the bristles in the following 3 colours one by one and dragged it across to make scruffy lines.
 
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine - Plum (Darkest)
Barry M - Bright Purple (Medium)
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine - Prickly Pear (Lightest)
 

 
I always find it kind of odd how some Barry M polsihes are called exactly what they are and others have a cryptic name.....hmmm something to ponder!
 
I kept layering the lines until I couldnt see any more white and I was happy with the effect.
 
For my ring finger I used a coat of Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine - Plum, followed by a coat of Models Own - Boogie Nights which looks great but is pretty tricky to work with. It's very 3D shall we say...kind of spiky! Once those 2 had dried, I used my as yet un-tried Max Factor - Fantasy Fire (OMG breathe *squeal*) For those of you who don't know of this polish it's like a purpley, pinky, bronzy iridescent polish which is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G in real life. Go buy....go go go.
 
So there it is...topped off as always with a dollop of Seche Vite.
 
Hope you like them!
 
Over and out
Rach x
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment