Sunday 6 January 2013

My First Galaxy Nails

Hey everyone!

I had a lovely birthday weekend, I spent the day with my lovely boyfriend, who bought me some gorgeous boots from River Island, took me to the cinema to see Life of Pi, and then filled me with chicken at Nandos! Perfect Day.

So now I have a whole year to wait for presents! It sucks having my birthday so close to Christmas.

Anyway, here's something I've been meaning to try for forever and just never got round to it.... galaxy nails. I've seen tons of pictures on Instagram and Pinterest and watched countless tutorials on Youtube and finally I've done them.

 
I struggled to capture the depth of the colour, they almost look sort of 3D, I can't stop looking at them!

I started with my normal base coat then did 2 coats of Barry M - Black. Then I went and ate a curry with my mum lol!

Once they'd dried, I got my make up sponge and dabbed on random areas of colour. The blue is 17 - Catwalk Couture and the pink is Rimmel London - Strawberry Fizz. I added stars by dotting on acrylic white paint with a cocktail stick.


I then went over with George ASDA - Jackpot (polishes are £1.79 each and are actually pretty good and they have a massive range of colours!) which is basically a silver glitter top coat to add some depth to the starry effect, and finished with a coat of Seche Vite.

My cuticles are starting to look better don't you think?

I love how they turned out and I think I'll definitely try them again at some point, maybe with purple and orange or something!

I hope you like them, let me know what you think!

Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment