Monday 14 January 2013

Navy Stars

Hey Guys!

Sorry I've not posted for ages, I've been soooo busy! But I'm back now so lets get straight into today's mani......

 
And were back to nasty cuticles again!

I've been trying hard to keep them nice but the weather has turned arctic and theres been snow n stuff and it's taken it's toll on my poor fingers :(

So anyway, heres a technique which I have become a little obsessed with....

I used my usual base coat and painted all but my ring finger with Rimmel London - Aye, Aye, Sailor which is a beautiful navy blue and goes on like a dream. I really rate Rimmel polishes, they're cheap n cheerful and really good quality (and 3 for 2 at Boots always helps!)

On my ring finger I used Barry M - Matt White (always my go to white)

Now heres the clever bit..... I printed out some stars on a piece of paper and put it inside a plastic wallet, I tried to make sure they fitted each nail so I did 3 different sizes. Then I painted over the stars (onto the plastic wallet) with the same 2 colours. Now these take quite a while to dry so be patient! You can drip drying drops on to them if you want to speed things up but these are far better if you make them in advance like the night before or something.

*Shudder* Cuticles, blurgh!

So once they're dry, carefully lift the edges with something like a stanley blade or exacto knife so that you dont crease them. Take your time because you'll be gutted if you ruin one (trust me)

Take them one at a time and first paint your nail with a clear coat, then carefully place the decal onto your nail and gently poke each point down.

You can do this technique will all sorts of designs....flowers, hearts, skulls etc.

I finished with a coat of Seche Vite to make them all nice and glossy :)

Hope you enjoyed today's post, thanks for reading!

Over and out
Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment